What is Bitwards Mobile ID?
Bitwards Mobile ID is a mobile credential supporting iOS and Android to be integrated into an Access Control System.
It converts users’ phones into access credentials. It can work as a primary credential or in parallel with other credentials.
- Get rid of card-hassle and save costs!
- Use the best hardware that suits your needs!
- Increase your security
How does Bitwards Mobile ID work?Mobile IDs are used as an alternative for physical smart cards in Physical Access Control Systems (PACS). Mobile IDs are generated in the cloud service and transferred to users’ mobile phones. Users can authenticate themselves at access control readers by using the phone’s NFC or Bluetooth connection. The IDs are authenticated by an access control reader, which delivers them further to an access control terminal at the door. The terminal makes the decision on granting the access for the user and upon any further actions.
Two versions: Door-Based & Universal Mobile ID
Door-Based Mobile ID
Universal Mobile ID
Bitwards Mobile ID Benefits
Access control system independent: manage credentials of different access control systems in one single web dashboard! This saves time and money!
Automated credential management makes your life easier.
- Save costs and workload required to manage plastic ID cards and their administration by making the delivery of credentials easily directly to the mobile phones of the users.
- For the user the credential is available in real time and they don’t need to fetch it from anywhere.
- All users can enjoy the single app with credentials to many different access control systems. Save physical credential costs, administration work plus increase end-user satisfaction.
Bitwards is hardware independent. It means that customer can select the suitable reader according to their need without vendor-lock-in.
- Minimize risks related to lost and stolen physical credentials and enjoy the power of real time credential.
- If the phone gets lost or stolen, the mobile operating system offers extra security with biometric or pin phone lock.
- Security matches the most recent RFID technologies such as DESFire EV2. Increased security by knowing exactly who is using the credential.
Are you interested in finding out how you can save costs and security with Mobile ID?
Mobile ID vs. Mobile Access
Bitwards provides two products: Mobile ID and Mobile Access. In the table below, you can compare the two products to find out which suits your needs best.
Commercial Real Estate
Old access control system upgrade to a cloud based mobile access control system (parallel installation).
Upgrade existing access control system with mobile credentials.
Extend access control to mechanical doors.
Automate access control with a booking system for space management.
Manage cabinet and storage spaces in offices.
Control visitor and public access in buildings and spaces.
Residential Real Estate
Complete access control for residential buildings – apartments and shared doors – including tenant portals (for personal access control).
Parking area and storage space access.
Last mile delivery and postal services.
Smart mail box services.
Critical infrastructure and freight services.
Q & A
Bitwards Mobile ID is system agnostic: any access system is compatible.
- Individually and manually.
- With CSV import.
- With API integration.
Yes, Bitwards Library is available for any manufacturer.
- Door-based Mobile ID shows individual doors to the user in the app.
- Universal Mobile ID is a general ID used for any reader.
- The Mobile ID is first issued in the access control system.
- Then transferred to the Bitwards service as in Q2.
Mobile Access is a completely cloud-based access control solution supporting off-line smartlocks and door controllers.
Yes, Both services complement each other and users can enjoy both solutions in the same app with single sign-in.